White Pine film

General discussions of forests and trees that do not focus on a specific species or specific location.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

dbhguru

White Pine film

Post by dbhguru » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:56 am

Ents,

I'd like to announce the new filming project undertaken by Ray Asselin on the history, ecology, and other values of the eastern white pine. This is a true labor of love for Ray, me, and other participants. Ray has already put together over 30 minutes of history on this charismatic species. We're optimistic.

We continue to show Ray''s Lost Forests of New England film to wide acclaim. We showed it last evening at the Mass Audubon Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary in Easthamnpton, MA. The room was bursting at the seams. The film's acceptance seems to signal a growing public appetite for really good material on the role of our natural forests across a wide range of values. We held a panel discussion afterwards and the questions continued on until we had to shut the session down at 9:00PM. We'll show the film again in Hartford, CT on March 28th.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

dbhguru

Re: White Pine film

Post by dbhguru » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:59 am

Hi Everybody,

Is anybody getting these posts? I have a feeling that something has gone screwy with the BBS. Hopefully not.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

JHarkness

Re: White Pine film

Post by JHarkness » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:26 am

Bob,

No problem on my end, though I have noticed that things seems awfully quiet on the BBS as of late. I saw your first post yesterday evening and just hadn't responded yet. I'm quite glad to hear that another of Ray's excellent films is in the making, I look forward to watching it.

Joshua
"Be not simply good; be good for something." Henry David Thoreau

Return to “General Discussions”