Hi

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

mweible

Hi

Post by mweible » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:32 pm

Hello all. I'm Mike. I am from Venango county, Pa and I have a general interest in many areas of ecology. I love trees and wild places. I enjoy Odonata, Lepidoptera, birds, ferns, wild flowers, etc. I also spend quite a bit of time training my young French Brittany on grouse. I look forward to learning from this group and becoming involved as much as possible.

Matt Markworth

Re: Hi

Post by Matt Markworth » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:57 am

Mike,

Welcome aboard!

I love wild places too. As someone that loves tree hunting/climbing/camping, I wish I was as close to a national forest as you are up there in Venango County, PA. That's a beautiful part of the state. Looking forward to any information you have to share about that area.

Matt

djluthringer

Post by djluthringer » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Hey, roomy!

Welcome aboard!!!

Dale
(814)744-8475w

djluthringer

Post by djluthringer » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:56 pm

Mike,

Check out the Advanced Tree Measuring Workshop & American Forest National Cadre Apprentice Training we'll be holding at Cook on 4/16-17. Send me your e-mail off-line (or dig within the list) and I'll send you the details (dluthringe@pa.gov).

Dale

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Mike,

I am glad to see another tree measurer here in Pennsylvania! Welcome to the group.

Edward Frank
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

DougBidlack

Post by DougBidlack » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:08 pm

Mike,

welcome! Always good to see people put in a good word for the bugs. Do you have any favorites among the Odonates?

Doug

mweible

Post by mweible » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:19 am

Doug,
My favorite is Stylurus notatus, the Elusive Clubtail. There are a few up your way I would like to see.
Mike

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”