David Foster will give a lecture on Wildlands and Woodlands at our OCT 14-16 conference. I'm very well acquainted with the project and its details, and basically support the concept. The vision calls for 70% forestland. Of that 70%, 10% owould be Wildlands and the other 90% would be woodlands - working forests as they are called. So to cut to the chase, 7% of New England would be Wildlands. David had to practically sell his soul to get the timber faction to sign on to 7%.
I can't answer the question. I assume David Foster was trying to build a coalition of forest stakeholders so that the politicians would ultimately support legislative initiatives. I'm guessing.
My guess is that David Foster is looking for practical results in the near term, hoping to save what precious little wild forest we have left. I'll ask him at the conference, but I'm pretty sure he errs on the side of pragmatism. You know what he's up against.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests