Will's Alaska Adventure

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Bart Bouricius

Re: Will's Alaska Adventure

Post by Bart Bouricius » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Hey folks,

I think I helped Patrick and Bob hijack Will's Alaska post. Oh well, I guess Will helped too with his Rain Tree image. This just shows you have to look at the beginning of the post before posting anything in the thread. We do need a separate Brazil Nut Tree thread which I can eventually deal with. I presume some of this gets moved to a "Surinam" thread?

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Bart,

I have copied many of the posts in this rambling thread elsewhere. I copied Bob's Hawaii photo to his Ohia thread in Hawaii. I copied Patrick's raintree to a new U. S. Virgin Island thread. And Will's Surinam thread to Surinam. I have left this thread intact (for the moment) but tried to sort the rambles into a more geographically correct location.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

dbhguru

Post by dbhguru » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:52 am

Will,

Your keeping us on the edge of our seats. What are you finding? That Black Cottonwood you reported on was pretty impressive. I know they can get larger and taller (BVP's discoveries), but 16 x 120 is nothing to sneeze at, especially that far north. Have you met up with Don yet? I'm sure he can make good use of your eagle eye. Your lower 48 buddies want stats and images.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Return to “Alaska”