Naomi Starks Oak

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Larry Tucei

Naomi Starks Oak

Post by Larry Tucei » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:25 pm

ENTS, While in Mobile Ala., back in April I noticed a large Live Oak on Cottage Hill rd. The tree was at least 22’ in circumference. No one was there so I left a card at the address and the homeowner contacted me later. After we talked she gave me permission to come back and measure this fine Oak. The Naomi Starks Oak was the largest of many Oaks on the property. The results were CBH-23’1”, Height-69’ and Spread-=118’ x 120’. The Starks oak is a beautiful tree with massive limbs and nice crown.
Attachments
Naomi Starks Oak 2.jpg
Naomi Starks Oak 1.jpg

James Parton

Re: Naomi Starks Oak

Post by James Parton » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:34 am

Awesome, Larry! You did it again!!!
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

jamesrobertsmith

Post by jamesrobertsmith » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:25 am

Damn, that's a nice oak! There's no telling how many fantastic trees are located in yards and back lots on the property of individuals throughout the south.

Larry Tucei

Post by Larry Tucei » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:21 am

James, Thanks buddy. JRS, You are exactly right, I estimate several hundred. Since doing this Project I've found big Live Oaks in places that I've been around for 30 years. So I can imagine how many there must be. Louisiana has the most by far, with Ms, second and Ala., third. Florida and Georgia would be the next in line followed by SC, Texas, NC, and Virginia. Some of these states may not be in that order but is an estimation, based on what I have been researching. Larry

Return to “Alabama”