Links Exchanges With Other Tree Groups

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

edfrank

Links Exchanges With Other Tree Groups

Post by edfrank » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:20 pm

treeclimbersinternational.jpg
treeclimbersinternational.jpg (15.74 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
Tree Climbers International http://treeclimbing.com/ Tree Climbers International® (TCI) is a worldwide organization of people who love to climb trees. We do this safely and with utmost care for the trees we climb. TCI is also the world's first school for recreational tree climbers. We want the sport of "rope and saddle" tree climbing available everywhere so that everyone can experience the joy and wonder of seeing the world from the heights of the treetops! Tree Climbers International, Inc. promotes tree climbing as a safe recreational activity suitable for people of all ages. Our goals are to:

Discover and promote technical tree climbing techniques that are safe for people and do no harm to trees.
Provide qualified tree climbing instruction by highly-trained instructors.
Produce and distribute educational and inspiring publications to promote safe recreational tree climbing.
Create climbing chapters (or "groves" ) in every city, town, or hamlet worldwide.
Hold periodic regional, national, and international tree climbing gatherings.
Create a communication network of tree climbing enthusiasts through our website and publications.
Locate and secure access to climbing trees suitable for recreational climbing.
Promote respect and responsibility towards trees and the natural environment.
Have fun exploring the high canopy while sharing adventures with like-minded people.
treetrek.jpg
treetrek.jpg (11.89 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
Tree Trek http://www.treetrek.net/ Welcome To Tree Trek Exploration School of Tree Climbing
Lake Sidney Lanier, Georgia Phone 678-633-2328
Boca del Drago, Republic of Panama Phone 011-507-6-599-2794

WHAT Is Tree Trek Exploration:
Tree Trek Exploration trains adventurers, researchers and educators to move through the forest canopy at will, using the latest and safest tree climbing techniques and equipment. We also offer two inexpensive public “try it” tree climbs each month for those who aren’t sure if this adventure is right for them. Our Tree Climbing Classes include basic and advanced climbing techniques, training for Tree Climbing Program facilitators and instructors, and our unique Rain forest / Cloud forest climbing adventure.
nrtaustralia.jpg
nrtaustralia.jpg (40.6 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
National Register of Big Trees - Australia's Champion Trees http://www.nationalregisterofbigtrees.com.au/index.php
Australia's LARGEST trees of each species are recorded in this Register. Points are awarded on the basis of a formula that includes, circumference, height, and crown spread. The Register is an integrated list of Australian native trees, and naturalised exotic/alien trees. It is constantly changing as people nominate trees they have found.

The Register will work closely with all Federal and State Forestry/Environmental Departments and related entities, such as National Parks, that have interests that parallel the Objectives of this Register. This close cooperation, and website linking, will extend to all Shire, City and Town Councils, Botanical Gardens, Greening Australia, and the National Trust of Australia. The Register is not only about big big Trees. It covers all the wonderful garden, pavement and park trees we have in our communities and wilderness areas. The Register started in May 2009. We need your help to populate the Register. Please tell all your friends about it.
NTONZ-Logoa.jpg
NTONZ-Logoa.jpg (14.35 KiB) Viewed 2142 times
Notable Trees of New Zealand http://www.notabletrees.org.nz/
Welcome to the New Zealand Notable Trees Trust website. Some of New Zealand's greatest treasures are its trees. From our iconic native species to the colourful exotic trees that grace our parks and gardens, New Zealand's trees are as spectacular as they are varied. This website celebrates this rich arboreal heritage, both endemic and introduced. Documented here is a growing list of our finest trees on current record. A tree register of this nature is never complete or up-to-date. Some trees on record may have grown considerably since they were last measured or, indeed, may not exist anymore. Many fine trees may still await discovery, hidden away in back yards, national parks, gardens and countryside. NZNTT is constantly updating its tree records. In addition to our hope that you will enjoy this unique collection, we also invite you to make a contribution to the tree register by submitting your own local trees. That tree you pass everyday just might be a national champion or may even attract international attention.
gymnosperm.jpg
The Gymnosperm Database http://www.conifers.org/index.php
Welcome to the Gymnosperm Database, the web's premier source of information on conifers and their allies. Since we went online on 1997, the Database has attracted worldwide attention as a readily accessible, scientifically accurate source of information on the classification, description, ecology and uses of this culturally and ecologically important group of plants. This home page gives some hints about how to navigate the Database, as well as providing background information for the curious.

The Gymnosperm Database was established as an online entity in the summer of 1997 and has since grown steadily, getting its own URL (Conifers.org) in the summer of 1999. Currently the Database provides basic information (sometimes only a name) for all species and higher-ranked taxa of the gymnosperms, i.e., conifers, cycads, and their allies. You enter the taxonomic tree at the Family level and then navigate to the Genus, Species or sometimes Variety levels. At each level, information on the taxon at hand is provided, along with bibliographic citations that will take you to more detailed information about the taxon.
appalachianarborists.jpg
appalachianarborists.jpg (24.36 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
Appalachian Arboristshttp://www.appalachianarborists.com/
Welcome to Appalachian Arborists!

Within this website you will find an overview of who we are and what we do. You will also find helpful tips regarding current tree care issues and links to find more information. We have a diverse background and are exceptionally experienced in several areas.
Main service areas:
Hemlock woolly adelgid management
Consultation, diagnostics, assessment, and appraisals
Pruning mature and newly planted trees
Vista management
LtiLogo.jpg
LtiLogo.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
Laser Techology Inc. Professional Measurement Bloghttp://www.lasertech.com/blogs/Professi ... asurement/Laser Technology Inc. (LTI) is a company devoted to the design and manufacture of innovative laser-based speed and distance measurement instruments, using ISO compliant and continuous improvement techniques. We maintain an intense focus on providing laser measurement technologies which address real world needs and applications, including speed enforcement, accident investigation, forestry, mining, utilities and surveying, to name just a few. Laser Measurement - Laser Technology's core products are engineered with pulse-laser technology (a.k.a. reflectorless measurement technology) resulting in the ability to measure both distances and speeds. We also specialize in tilt and compass sensors, allowing you to measure heights and azimuth bearings. Our mission from the beginning has been to provide quality products through innovation and dedication.
greentreedoctor.png
greentreedoctor.png (31.51 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
Green Tree Doctorhttp://www.greentreedoctor.com/aboutus.html
Arboricultural & Consulting Services - Upon leaving the Marines in 1988, certified arborist Randy Cyr started Cyr’s Tree Service in Jacksonville, NC. In the fall of 1996, Randy Cyr moved his company to Greenville, S.C.; changing its name to Greentree. While other companies focus primarily upon the removal of trees and tree parts, the professionals at Greentree have taken what they've learned over the years and concentrate upon preservation. They accomplish this through education, consultation and treatment services, catered to meet the tree care needs of the Upstate and beyond.
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

edfrank

Re: Links Exchanges With Other Tree Groups

Post by edfrank » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Treestobreath.JPG
Treestobreath.JPG (12.92 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
Trees to Breathe Trees to Breathe founded in 2012 is a means to plant trees locally, educate people on the value of trees, and help fight deforestation around the world. Want to grow a tree? For every tree you grow from Trees to Breathe another will be planted in the rainforest. Trees are the lungs of the earth.We hope this site offers you much insight into the challenges we face and how you can make an immediate impact.
155912_299570136829319_1211677885_n.jpg
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/TreesToBreathe/info
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Larry Tucei

Post by Larry Tucei » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:19 am

Ed, Way cool links I'll check them out when I get back. Going to central Ms for some tree and deer hunting! Larry

Don

Post by Don » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Ed-
I am in travel status without access to all my resources, but my visit to England this summer featured visits to significant trees as part of a National Trust...I'll dig it up when I return to Alaska, if you'd like to add it...had great descriptive and locational data available in searchable database.
Attaching one near our host's residence south of Colchester
My better half has seated herself in the buttressing of this English Oak (Quercus robur), for scale...she's 5'4" tall, and about the same armspan.
My better half has seated herself in the buttressing of this English Oak (Quercus robur), for scale...she's 5'4" tall, and about the same armspan.
Don Bertolette - President/Moderator, WNTS BBS
Restoration Forester (Retired)
Science Center
Grand Canyon National Park

BJCP Apprentice Beer Judge

View my Alaska Big Tree List Webpage at:
http://www.akbigtreelist.org

Return to “Links to Other Tree Groups”