BBS Index Page Reorganization

The Eastern Native Tree Society is a chapter of the NTS focusing on the trees and forests of Eastern United States and Canada. This forum is for discussions of the ENTS chapter itself including meetings, events, and operations.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

edfrank

BBS Index Page Reorganization

Post by edfrank » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:17 pm

ENTS,

I have reorganized the Index page of the BBS to make things look cleaner. What dies everyone think?

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

James Parton

Re: BBS Index Page Reorganization

Post by James Parton » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:38 pm

I miss the " Humanities " listing. But it works.
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:56 pm

James,

All of the forums are still there. They are just intermixed with the other General Discussion forums. I was thinking that some of the topics/posts sort of fit one forum, but really were addressing some of the aspects found in other forums. This was further complicated when it touched on forum under both general discussions and humanities categories. Thinking about it, I felt the categories of general discussions and humanities were really arbitrary and opted to mix them back together again. For example some of the humanities topics like history could arguably be in either heading. This way I can avoid the issue and people can better find the forum for which they are hunting. They are all there in one list to choose from instead of being in two categories.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

kris edson

Post by kris edson » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:46 am

I was wondering what happened to your topic on tree climbing, there were many good posts there particuarly from a guy from the new england area. I have forgotten his name but he showed many techniques and knots as well as videoing specific climbs he had done, maybe this has been incorporated eleswhere I hope so there was a lot of valuable information there,
Kris Edson

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:09 am

Kris,

The Tree Climbing topic is still there just under the heading:

General Discussions ‹ Trees and Forests - General Discussion Forums ‹ Tree Climbing

http://www.ents-bbs.org/viewforum.php?f=36

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:03 am

edfrank wrote:James,

All of the forums are still there. They are just intermixed with the other General Discussion forums. I was thinking that some of the topics/posts sort of fit one forum, but really were addressing some of the aspects found in other forums. This was further complicated when it touched on forum under both general discussions and humanities categories. Thinking about it, I felt the categories of general discussions and humanities were really arbitrary and opted to mix them back together again. For example some of the humanities topics like history could arguably be in either heading. This way I can avoid the issue and people can better find the forum for which they are hunting. They are all there in one list to choose from instead of being in two categories.

Ed

That makes sense.
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

Return to “Eastern Native Tree Society”