Could we have a lower south meet and greet weekend?

A listing of planed events that never quite happened.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Marcas

Could we have a lower south meet and greet weekend?

Post by Marcas » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:16 am

I wish I could go up to PA. and Maine but lack the time and money. But would travel two states or three to meet and greet!
Who speaks for the Trees? WE ALL DO!

eliahd24

Re: Could we have a lower south meet and greet weekend?

Post by eliahd24 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:33 pm

I would potentially be interested. I'm over in Atlanta, GA.

Marcas

Post by Marcas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:23 pm

I see a lot of people have took a look at my post but not said nothing. Why I brought this up is I would like to meet people that love tree's like I do but make a one or two day trip. Something that is close to all the lower states. Meet somewhere like Chattahoochee National Forest or like the Southern Nantahala Wilderness these two are in the middle for the most part. Mostly just throwing out there and looking for feed back!
Who speaks for the Trees? WE ALL DO!

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:20 am

Marcus,

I like the idea, especially if it centers on a weekend like the Congaree Blitz or the Black Mountain Gathering. I would love more ENTS gatherings in our neck of the southern woods. Hopefully I will meet you again, especially at Congaree. I may have been down to Congaree this week, I am on spring vacation, but I am keeping my daughter during the day for 4 days this week.

I have never been to Chattahoochee National Forest and with the exception of Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest, have never explored Nantahala National Forest.

James
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:33 am

Marcas,

I have read your posts and the replies, but unfortunately it is unlikely I can make it down south for a meet. other Southerners here on the BBS include: Jess Riddle, Eli Dickerson, Michael Davie.,Zac Stewart, Tyler Philips, and Larry Tucie. James Parton, Will Blozan, and a few others are a little farther north in North Carolina.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Sandy Pappas

Post by Sandy Pappas » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm in Henrico, VA and would not be able to go that far; however would one day love to meet others. Good idea. Sandy Pappas

Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:09 pm

Somewhere in Georgia/western SC might work for quite a few of us.

I've always wanted to check out the Moody Forest in GA, which is not too far from Congaree. The Moody Forest adjoins the Altamaha River and has a bit of everything, bottomland hardwoods and longleafs in the uplands.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:52 am

It would depend on where and when if I could make it from St. Louis. If it close enough to go and see those live oaks in person I would love it but anywhere that suits most of the people. As a Vulcan once said, "the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the one."
Trees are the Answer

Zachary S

Post by Zachary S » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:41 am

I would certainly be interested in this, though my transportation options are highly limited - thus unfortunately I highly doubt I would be able to attend.

petesaussy

Post by petesaussy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:03 am

I would love an excuse to get up to the Congaree; spent many years wandering around in it. for visitors i would also suggest Harbison State Forest just northwest of Columbia close off I-26, really nice river bottom forest on Broad River. we also have lots of LIve Oaks down here on the Waccamaw Neck/Pawleys Island/Murrells INlet. also the dwarf oaks of the back dunes.

Return to “Non- Events”