An interesting item from NPR

Posts related to fungi and mycology.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

sungirlblue

An interesting item from NPR

Post by sungirlblue » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:07 pm

I have been reading a book of late that has been on my list for a long time... Bill Bryson's, "A Short History of Nearly Everything". In it he addresses our small space in the universe as well as the very inconsequential amount of time we humans have occupied this space, this planet we call Earth ~
The following article speaks to what he has said about the multitudes of creatures, beyond our imaginations, that exist here with us. I find it hardly surprising, but it is very interesting. There is so much to learn. Our perspectives are so limited by our lifestyles, but if we are sometimes quiet and listen, there is much to hear and to wonder.
May we maintain some tiniest sense of humility when it comes to our lives and the way that we choose to impact our world, for as robust as it is, there is also the lovely, beautiful balance.
cheers to you all, and enjoy this beautiful summer!!!
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/08 ... t=20140822
the trees, they dance. i love to watch ~

Larry Tucei

Re: An interesting item from NPR

Post by Larry Tucei » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Wow! Trees are fighting back- maybe getting even with mankind. Larry

sungirlblue

Re: An interesting item from NPR

Post by sungirlblue » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:04 pm

yes!
you know, it does seem that humans quickly dismiss, dispose of, even destroy anything not of use to them/us with nary a thought. by the time we are the endangered species, it will be too late. the trees are running low under the radar. the game is afoot :D LOL!
the trees, they dance. i love to watch ~

Return to “Fungi and Mycology”