mycology and body languages?

Posts related to fungi and mycology.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

hamadryad

mycology and body languages?

Post by hamadryad » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi, I am trying to find a section deddicated to fungi? is there one? if not want it started!

also body languages of trees from various colonisations/strategies of fungi and other/mechanical forces.

thanks

hamadryad

Steve Galehouse

Re: mycology and body languages?

Post by Steve Galehouse » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:04 pm

hamadryad-

Here are some pics of fungi taken yesterday, in a woods of primarily oaks, maples, and beech, in northern Ohio:
fungus1.jpg
fungus2.jpg
ffungus3.jpg
fungus4.jpg
fungus5.jpg
fungus6.jpg
fungus7.jpg
fungus8.jpg
Steve
every plant is native somewhere

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Hamydryad,

There has not been a section previously specifically devoted to fungi and mycology. There have been scattered images posted with various trip reports, and links to a few articles I have found online that I thought might be of general interest. I have pulled those few posts together and created a forum "Fungi and Mycology" under the Science Discussions on the BBS. I hope to see the topic grow, with your help, and inspire others will start to contribute to the topic. Steve Galehouse has gotten us started. I will go back and cross-list some of the other posts that feature neat fungi.

Ed Frank
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

hamadryad

Post by hamadryad » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:14 pm

I have only just logged into NTS for the first time in ages, duly noted Edward, will ensure the pages are filled!

tony

Return to “Fungi and Mycology”