" I know who you are ".

Discussions of Nature Related Dreams and Their Interpretations

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

James Parton

" I know who you are ".

Post by James Parton » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:24 am

ENTS,

On Imbolc, Feb 1st, I had a short but unusual dream. I dreamed I was walking down a short trail down to the Green River and upon reaching the water's edge I picked up a rock. I then stepped into the water to wash the rock off. Standing just over knee deep in the clear water I submerged the rock and found myself singing this little tune. " I think I see, I know who you are", while standing in the river looking down at the submerged rock in my hands. The dream was really vivid. It ended at that point.

Upon waking I got up with the tune in my head. I tried to remember if I had ever heard it in an actual song before. I don't think so. I typed it on a notepad file on my computer so I would not forget it. I do remember when I was singing the tune in the dream that I was thinking of Mother Nature. The tune was to her.

Was Nature herself or God trying to convey something to me or was it only a dream? I do wonder.

The dream took place just above a bridge off Green River road near the lower end of the Green River Cove Trail. A place I visited last September.
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

Joe

Re: " I know who you are ".

Post by Joe » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:13 pm

hmmmmm..... could that indicate your identification with Nature? (water and stone)- since you "know who you are"-----

to me, Nature is all there is- just the natural, no supernatural- to identify with Nature is a big deal, few people can really do it

Joe

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Imbolc (also Imbolg or Oimelc), or St Brigid’s Day (Scots Gaelic Là Fhèill Brìghde, Irish Lá Fhéile Bríde, the feast day of St. Brigid), is an Irish festival marking the beginning of spring. Most commonly it is celebrated on February 1 or 2 (or February 12, according to the Old Calendar), which falls halfway between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox in the northern hemisphere.
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:23 am

Joe,

What is " supernatural " but a higher form of and/or harder to prove and study form of natural.

I think the dream was referring to my learning of nature. Through studies, like those of ENTS and through druidry. I was saying to her. " I think I know who you are " Maybe she was issuing me a challenge to learn. But can I really " know " her? Very few people really do.

Ed,

Thanks for explaining Imbolc. Yes it symbolizes the beginng of spring or yet the earliest signs of it. More of a prelude. Like Snowdrop or Crocus flowers coming up through the snow or groundhogs coming out of their burrows. Most Americans indeed celebrate " Groundhog Day " which is not far removed from Imbolc at this time of year. And yes, St. Brigid too is celebrated. Especially in Ireland with St. Brigid's crosses.
James E Parton
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

Don

Post by Don » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:29 pm

James-
While few can authoritatively say what the source of dreams might be, there is a significant body of information gathered about dreams that suggest that they are subconscious manifestations of unresolved issues in daily life...which is not to say that they are solutions! But they are where our minds take us, from that 'kernel'...
-Don
Don Bertolette - President/Moderator, WNTS BBS
Restoration Forester (Retired)
Science Center
Grand Canyon National Park

BJCP Apprentice Beer Judge

View my Alaska Big Tree List Webpage at:
http://www.akbigtreelist.org

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:22 pm

James,

You should record the song and see what it sounds like.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:12 am

Ed,

When I woke up I still had the tune in my head. I got up and typed down the words but the tune itself has been lost to me. I have tried to remember it with no avail.
James E Parton
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:03 am

Well I hope it did not sound like Enya, because that is a really scary thought.

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:56 am

Actually no. I would remember that.

Maybe it was a Na'vi song...Nah, just joking.... :-) !!
James E Parton
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

AndrewJoslin

Post by AndrewJoslin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:26 pm

James, the dream is a great affirmation of your relationship with the natural world, how important it is to you. I've always believed the "self" you encounter in nature is your true self, one reason I think why we seek to be in the company of the trees and forest.
-AJ

Return to “Dreams”