Our Forests Our Future

Discussions related to the issues of forest preservation and environmental conservation

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

edfrank

Our Forests Our Future

Post by edfrank » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Our Forests Our Future:
The future of America’s national forests lies in our hands

I recieved the following message from the Wilderness Society and wanted to pass it along. I know we are not an advocacy group but a scientific organization, but the opportunity to provide input on the public policy of management of the National Forests applies to everyone. So I am passing this on as a notice of these policy roundtables as an item of general interest to those of us who visit ur national forests and are interested in their future.
email_banner.jpg
Our national forests have been a treasured American legacy since they were established by President Theodore Roosevelt more than a century ago. They provide vital fish and wildlife habitat, clean drinking water and world-class outdoor recreation opportunities for millions. And they're one of our best tools for mitigating and adapting to a changing climate.

Now the Obama administration is developing new management regulations that will affect all 155 national forests. These new regulations will shape the conservation and restoration plans that will determine the fate of America's forests for generations to come. It's essential that we get our public lands policies right - and we need your help to do so!

Please help ensure that our forests meet the needs of present and future generations by attending a public meeting. Visit the Our Forests, Our Future website to find out how you can become involved - the future of America's national forests lies in your hands.

With almost 200 million people visiting and recreating on our national forests and grasslands each year, we must be better stewards of our national forests and manage these prized public lands to meet the needs of the present and honor future generations by ensuring permanent protections for our forests, sustaining fish and wildlife habitat and guaranteeing that these lands continue to offer world-class recreation.

Sincerely,

Kathy Kilmer
The Wilderness Society

take-action.jpg
take-action.jpg (29.02 KiB) Viewed 447 times
Attend a public round table near you:

http://wilderness.org/files/Roundtable-Information.pdf

CITIZEN’S GUIDE TO FORUMS, ROUNDTABLES AND U.S. FOREST SERVICE PUBLIC INVOLVEMENT

http://wilderness.org/files/Citizens-Gu ... vement.pdf

"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Return to “Forest Preservation and Conservation”