Elliptical conical frustums

General discussions of measurement techniques and the results of testing of techniques and equipment.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

#1)  Elliptical conical frustums

Postby dbhguru » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:35 am

Ents,

With Erik Danielsen looking to volume model big pines and tuliptrees in New York, I feel compelled to increase support for the cause. The attachment adds to our repertoire of methods. In time I hope to create a single Excel workbook with circular and elliptical frustums for cone, paraboloid, and neiloid forms. Soup to nuts. I've also been fiddling around with a smartphone app named Smart Basic. It is an implementation of the BASIC programming language with lots of specialty enhancements for graphics, music, video, etc. However, the interface you use to create programs is very limited. So, the job of developing more sophisticated applications is daunting. Nonetheless, fools rush in.

I'd like to eventually create an app that allows trunk volume modeling, storing the raw data in files. We'll see. In the meantime, Excel will remain the primary tool for development. The attachment is stage I for elliptical modeling.

Bob
Attachments
VolConicalEllipticalFrustum.xlsx
(149.33 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder and Executive Director
Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest

For this message the author dbhguru has received Likes :
Larry Tucei
dbhguru