LTI TruPulse 200X vs Bosch GLR825

General discussions of measurement techniques and the results of testing of techniques and equipment.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

#1)  LTI TruPulse 200X vs Bosch GLR825

Postby dbhguru » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:02 pm

NTS,

Periodically, I check the accuracy of my instruments. For distance, the gold standard is ether the Bosch GLR825 or GM80 industrial/carpentry red beam lasers, which are accurate to approximately 1/16th of an inch. When I got the TruPulse 200X, I checked its laser against that of the Bosch, running 46 tests. The average difference in distances between the instruments for distances up to 150 feet was only 1.083 inches. I just ran 10 new tests for distances up to 150 feet and the average distance was 1.14 inches. The 200X is holding true. The next set of tests will be on the 200X's tilt sensor, which is much harder to do.That set will have to await my return from Colorado.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder and Executive Director
Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest

For this message the author dbhguru has received Likes - 2:
bbeduhn, Will Blozan
dbhguru

Has Liked: 4 times
Has Been Liked: 1086 times
Print view this post

#2)  Re: LTI TruPulse 200X vs Bosch GLR825

Postby Matt Markworth » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:00 am

Bob,

I have the Bosch DLR130 and marvel at it's accuracy and the efficiency of using it as a benchmark when testing other lasers (only up to 130').

I'm curious if you've had any success utilizing the Bosch GLR825 or any other Class 2 laser to find the slope distance to a treetop. My impression is that it would be a difficult chore to sight the top. I'm not planning on getting another Class 2 laser anytime soon, but am just curious what other ways Class 2 lasers can fit into the measuring toolkit.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Markworth

Has Liked: 1068 times
Has Been Liked: 825 times
Print view this post

#3)  Re: LTI TruPulse 200X vs Bosch GLR825

Postby dbhguru » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:32 pm

Matt,

One of my Bosch lasers has a tilt sensor so that I can actually use the Sine Method with it. I also have some special red goggles that allow me to better see the red dot. That said, seeing the beam at a distance on a twig or leaf? Forget it. Ain't gonna happen. Not very often.

I find the red beam laser most useful in checking the accuracy of my other instruments.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder and Executive Director
Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
dbhguru

Has Liked: 4 times
Has Been Liked: 1086 times
Print view this post

Return to Measurement and Dendromorphometry