World Peace and Prayer Day

Reports and Listing of past Events and Trips 2010

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

sky

World Peace and Prayer Day

Post by sky » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:43 am

http://www.equiculture.org/wppd.aspx

World Peace and Prayer Day is being held at Burgundy Brook Farm in Palmer, Massachusetts on June 21 from dawn to dusk. There are benefit events on the 19th and 20th. The primary speaker will be Chief Arvol Looking Horse. Arvol Looking Horse is the 19th generation keeper of the White Buffalo Calf Pipe Bundle and holds the responsibility of spiritual leader among the Lakota, Dakota and Nakota People.

Sky
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, though a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

dbhguru

Re: World Peace and Prayer Day

Post by dbhguru » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:19 am

Sky,

Thanks for alerting everyone to this important event. I wish I could attend, but won't be in the area. Please convey my support to Arvol in his mission of peace. If he has the time and wants to visit his and Paula's trees while visiting Massachusetts, I can show you exactly where they are. They are not hard to get to. I would have to do it this weekend or by the middle of the coming week. Please give me a call if it is something you would like to do.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:45 am

Sky,

I just wanted to say. " Welcome to ENTS! "

James
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

sky

Post by sky » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:15 am

Dad - I'm currently working for the census and it's difficult to get time off. I think the only day I would be able to do this is Monday. I'll talk to the office and see if it's alright and let you know tomorrow. I'll let Paula and Arvol know that you send your greetings and support :) I know they'll be disappointed in not seeing you and meeting Monika (it's been almost 10 years since you've seen them) but they will understand :)

James - Thanks for the welcome!

Sky
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, though a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

sky

Post by sky » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:02 am

Bump :) Paula and Arvol will be arriving tomorrow. I was told last night that there will be a Mi'kmaq delegation at WPPD, which includes individuals who have tried for the past 20 years to protect the Christmas Mountains, the only remaining stand of old growth in New Brunswick. Although a large amount of the mountains have been clear cut, including land that is sacred and contains early burial sites, they have managed to save pockets of forest with little help from outside communities.

Sky

Return to “Events 2010”