Earthdance, Plainfield, MA

Reports and Listing of past Events and Trips 2010

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

edfrank

Earthdance, Plainfield, MA

Post by edfrank » Tue May 25, 2010 2:52 pm

ENTS,

While thisis not a ENTS event, one of our members, Karl Cronin, is participating as an "Artist-In-Residence" at the SEEDS Festival. I am posting about this because I think the intermixing of art, dance, and ecology is an interesting concept and perhaps its consideration can break us out of some of the ruts in our thinking process on the interelationship between people, the ecosystem, and the forest.
SEEDS10webbanner.jpg
Karl writes in his Spring 2010 quarterly newsletter:
I will be an artist-in-residence this year at the SEEDS festival at Earthdance (MA) in July. Come join me! - http://www.earthdance.net/seedsfest.htm
EARTHDANCE faciity is located at 252 Prospect Street, Plainfield, MA
ed-map.gif
ed-map.gif (4.09 KiB) Viewed 700 times
From a review of the event from 2009:
SEEDS Festival (Somatic Experiments in Earth, Dance, + Science) is an interdisciplinary arts and ecology festival initiated at Earthdance Workshop and Retreat Center, in Plainfield, MA. SEEDS Festival gathers artists, scientists, community activists, spiritual leaders, permaculture practitioners, and more, for a several weeks of workshops, films, lectures, residencies, and performances. Through this gathering, widely varied styles and approaches of interdisciplinary practice were presented, and new forms emerged, embodying the biodiversity we sought to create. It is the interaction and communication amongst a wide variety of life that strengthens the networks of our planet, of artistic practice, and of social interaction and community engagement
The theme of this year's 10-day long SEEDS festival is NOURISHMENT: A crop's environment—including soil, topography, and climate—imparts a characteristic taste and flavor and must be taken into consideration in cultivation. With care, through interaction we hope to create an ultra-lush, enriching, and regenerative culture in which to grow our art. Come for a performance or a film, a workshop, a jam, or the whole festival!
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Return to “Events 2010”