bonsai forest

Discussions of bonsai trees and growing bonsai trees.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Joe

bonsai forest

Post by Joe » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:00 am

I'd like to see somebody create a bonsai forest.
Joe

Steve Galehouse

Re: bonsai forest

Post by Steve Galehouse » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:46 pm

Joe-

There is a forest style of bonsai called "yose-ue", where a number of individual trees are planted and trained in a common container, as in this photo:
Click on image to see its original size

Steve
every plant is native somewhere

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Here is another example of a forest style arrangement. Still they are not entire forests of bonsai trees.
bonsai3.jpg
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:54 am

Steve and Ed, those are beautiful!
Joe

PS: I was going to fire off the above message but then saw an error message saying, "Your message contains 38 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 50." Now that I added the error messasge I should have my minimum number of characters. Now that is a very strange error message!

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:33 am

Joe,

It is meant to keep people from dashing off quick replies and actually saying something in their posts. I made it smaller than the default settings.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Gary Beluzo

Post by Gary Beluzo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:13 am

Joe,

I have been into bonsai for a few years now and I have several subtropical and temperate specimens. I would REALLY like to create a forest from some small seedlings or saplings but need to find a nice rock slab. Is anyone else here on list working with bonsai currently?

Gary
"..powered in ecological space and evolutionary time.."

Return to “Bonsai Trees”