Hairy Hornbeam

Discussions of bonsai trees and growing bonsai trees.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

edfrank

Hairy Hornbeam

Post by edfrank » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:17 am

This is a very nice bog that goes through in text and photos one person's attempt to create a nice bonsai tree out of a small pot-bound scraggly hornbeam. Excellent insight into his process.

Hairy Hornbeam
Posted on January 1, 2013 by adamaskwhy

http://adamaskwhy.wordpress.com/2013/01 ... -hornbeam/

Click on image to see its original size

"he structure is a little unconventional as far as bonsai design is concerned.
Its taller than the current tastes. But I think it’s very natural looking. In this one I tried to make my bonsai look like a tree and not make my tree look like a bonsai. (That’s a John Naka quote)."
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Joe

Re: Hairy Hornbeam

Post by Joe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:39 am

Ed, did you mean to say, "This is a very nice blog ..." or was that a sophisticated pun? (ha!)

edfrank

Re: Bald Cypress

Post by edfrank » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:41 am

Here is another blog in the series dealing with a less than promising bald cypress:
http://adamaskwhy.wordpress.com/2013/01 ... e-of-crap/
What are you gonna do with that piece of crap?
Posted on January 13, 2013 by adamaskwhy

So here we have a bald cypress that I collected last year.

"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Return to “Bonsai Trees”