Druid Rock

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

James Parton

Druid Rock

Post by James Parton » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Everyone,

Back in 2002 I lived just outside of Dana NC at the base of Kings Mountain. During the fall of that year I got permission from the landowners to hike a trail up and around the small mountain. Near the summit I found this enchanting place which I immediately named " Druid Rock ". The rock promitory overlooks an oak dominated forest and is surrounded by Catawba Rhododendron and Mountain Laurel. The trail passes just in behind it. I have found this place a wonderful one to set and meditate and/or just to sit, listen and relax. I have taken my daughter up there on a number of occaisions where we will just sit and talk.

Back in 02' I was studying and doing a lot of reading of Celtic mythology and literature. This may have influenced my naming of the place " Druid Rock ". I had not even thought of formally learning druidry on my own or joining a druid organization or group at that time. Now I guess the name really fits!

I moved away from there in January 2005 but I still return on occaision to visit the place. I did so last Saturday.

I would love to hear of your " Sacred Sites " or " Special Places ".
Attachments
Me on Druid Rock_Fall 2010.JPG
Forest from Druid Rock.JPG
Druid Rock in Early Summer.JPG
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

Larry Tucei

Re: Druid Rock

Post by Larry Tucei » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:56 pm