The mailman and his monsters

Posts and discussions related to NTS,ENTS, and WNTS members and organizations appearing in the news or popular media. Notes regarding papers, books, recordings, or articles release or published by NTS members.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:35 am

After Bob Smith delivers your mail, he writes stories. Soon, one of them may pay off in Hollywood.
By Pam Kelley
pkelley@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Friday, Nov. 04, 2011

Click on image to see its original size

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/1 ... sters.html
When Bob Smith walks his mail route, nothing hints at the fantastic thoughts in his head. Smith, gray-haired and bespectacled, seems a mild-mannered letter carrier, dressed on a hot day in U.S. Postal Service-issued blue shirt and shorts and black boots. He keeps a towel on his left arm so his sweat and customers' Pottery Barn catalogs don't mix. He trudges up porch steps, limping slightly, the result of knee surgery for a torn meniscus, an occupational hazard. Once the route is done, he heads to his home in Matthews, where he lives with his wife, son and three cats. Then he resumes his other life - as writer James Robert Smith, crafting tales involving zombies, ghosts and 10-foot-tall carnivorous dinosaur birds who are alive and well in Florida.
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

dbhguru

Re: The mailman and his monsters

Post by dbhguru » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:21 am

Ed,

Way cool! Robert illustrates what is so marvelous about NTS and the member Ents - no end to our individual and collective depth. Congrats to Robert.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

jamesrobertsmith

Re: The mailman and his monsters

Post by jamesrobertsmith » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks for posting that. The article's getting a huge amount of feedback for me (and my work).

Return to “NTS Members in the News”