New Member!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

aarongreenberg

New Member!

Post by aarongreenberg » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:36 am

Hello There!

My name is Aaron Greenberg - I manage The Arboretum at Laurel Hill and West Laurel Hill Cemeteries, which encompasses 265 acres of historic cemetery (at two sites) with a tree collection of nearly 4,000 trees! I've recently been getting into big tree hunting, and trying to track down the biggest and oldest trees near where I live and work in Philadelphia, PA. I've been working with Scott Wade on the PA Big Trees list, and spending my free time hunting state champion trees. I also have been searching for the remaining "Penn Trees" - these are trees proposed in the book "Penn's Woods" to have been alive since William Penn arrived to found Pennsylvania in 1682. I am very excited to be a part of this society! Looking forward to being in discussion with like-minded tree enthusiasts and to hopefully get together with some of y'all for some tree hunting!

dbhguru

Re: New Member!

Post by dbhguru » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Aaron,

Welcome aboard. We look forward to communicating with you. I know Scott, and spend a fair amount of my time in PA, especially western PA. Lots to interact on.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

tclikesbigtrees

Re: New Member!

Post by tclikesbigtrees » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:03 pm

I have been to Laurel Hill Cemetery and love it. I have yet to go to West Laurel Hill. I have also seen some big trees south and west of Philadelphia. Woodlands Cemetery is another amazing cemetery that I have been to that is in the Philadelphia area.

Tom Caselli

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”