Art and forests

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

JimLaney

Art and forests

Post by JimLaney » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi all,

My name is Jim Laney and in my old age I began working with the University of Alabama in the Art Department. Specifically I work with the sculpture studio. I am also working on my own art at my studio (the Rock Farm Studio in Lacey's Spring, AL). I have for sometime been interested in the idea of alternate forms of time measurement (or alternate clocks) that are driven by natural processes. I have joined the NTS and the forum to explore the monitoring of tree growth and the collection of data from forest everywhere. I hope to contribute to strengthening the connection between humans and the natural processes from which many people have become completely isolated. I want to do this with art projects.

I am investigating weather data collection so that I might include environmental factors in my work as well. Thank you for letting me learn from your work. I hope that I may be able to contribute something worthwhile.

dbhguru

Re: Art and forests

Post by dbhguru » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:05 pm

Jim,

Welcome aboard. We look forward to hearing more about your work.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”