Re-introducing Myself!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Jenny

Re-introducing Myself!

Post by Jenny » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi Everyone!

This is Jenny, former prolific poster on this site. I've been quite involved with rehabbing wild birds, especially raising orphans. BUT now I want to find out what trees certain species of birds prefer and at what time of year. And the location, of course.

I'm in Maine now, on the coast near Rockland. But I'll be returning to my home in NYC soon.

So, for everyone I used to know HI AGAIN! I'M BACK...... And hello to everyone new.

Jenny

Hugging a large (to me) Eastern White Pine. Since loggers never bothered to cut soft wood, the conifers, especially the Eastern White Pines, grew pretty large. I think I brought my girth measuring tape. I'm sure you'll all be really impressed....ha!
DSC04089.JPG
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn

jamesrobertsmith

Re: Re-introducing Myself!

Post by jamesrobertsmith » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:31 pm

I've visited Rockland a couple of times. Nice place! Welcome back!

Larry Tucei

Post by Larry Tucei » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi Jenny- Good to see you posting again. I had baby Red Birds and House Finch this year. 60-70 Indigo Bunting on the ground along with Blue and Red Breasted Grossbeaks. Several other species as well just like every year. I also had some Raptors nesting again. Larry
Attachments
Hawks.jpg
Buntings.jpg

dbhguru

Post by dbhguru » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:41 am

Jenny,

Welcome back. We look forward to hearing from you.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:07 pm

Welcome back Jenni-fir! xoxoxo
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Erik Danielsen

Post by Erik Danielsen » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:53 am

Hi Jenny, I'm also soon to be residing primarily in NYC (staten island). Perhaps we can get some tree enthusiasts together for some measurement and appreciation!

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”