Hello NTS BBS

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

MaxF

Hello NTS BBS

Post by MaxF » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:36 pm

Whoops, I missed posting here first.

Hello! Semi-competent amateur naturalist and photographer here. I try to spend most of my free time in the outdoors, much of which is spent exploring interesting old growth. I caught the coastal redwood bug a number of years ago on a trip Humboldt Redwoods, Prairie Creek, and Jed Smith. Since then I've devoted a lot of time to seeking out some of the largest individual trees and most impressive groves. I've also spent some time exploring old growth in Olympic NP, along the Carbon River rain forest of Mount Rainier, and throughout California.

While hiking, I've performed dbh measurements on worthy candidates, but have yet to start measuring height. My interest has been in the oldest, largest, and gnarliest individuals, along with experiencing their overall environments.

I'm currently going to school nights, with the goal of attending Humboldt State. Hoping to be the "old guy" on campus, majoring in Forestry or Environmental Mgt & Protection within the next couple years. The build-your-own degree for Recreation Admin is also intriguing, since my dream job would be to make a living as a nature photographer leading workshops.

Thanks to all who participate in this community. I've been lurking for a few years and the forum has been a fantastic resource.

Most of my redwood photography can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/80371710@N05

Additional photography can be found here (other old growth, desert, scuba, etc.): https://500px.com/maxforster
Last edited by MaxF on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jasonbaker

Re: Hello NTS BBS

Post by jasonbaker » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Welcome to the forum and nice shots! You're lucky to be able to be closer to some of the more dramatic forests in North America. I look forward to seeing more of your photography!

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”