Greetings from Pennsylvania

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

rwk

Greetings from Pennsylvania

Post by rwk » Fri May 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new to the group. I'm looking for some trees (mostly Tuliptrees, but some others) that are in the Wissahickon Valley section of Fairmount Park in Philadelphia. Many of the trees approach or surpass 150'. This area has been visited and the trees have been measured. A set of latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates have been given, but I'm not sure if they are fractured in minutes and seconds (base 60) or in fractional decimal (base 100) because when I key them in to MapQuest or Google Maps it puts me in an area outside the geographical limits of the park. If I could make contact with one or more of those who have visited this area, that would help me find these trees. George Fiao's name comes up quite a bit, so if I could contact him, that would be great. Thanks!

Randy Kane

Larry Tucei

Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania

Post by Larry Tucei » Tue May 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi Randy- Go to the Old site we have and click- Fieldtrips and localities. http://www.nativetreesociety.org/ Then click on posts prior to 2010, next click on Pennsylvania you will find all the past postings there. Hope this helps. Larry

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”