A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

tinker213

Post by tinker213 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 am

Hi,

I finally created an account, after a friendly reminder from the moderator. I live in the White Mountains of NH, and have been a woodworker all my life. I am pretty passionate about big old growth trees, and have always been impressed by their majestic beauty. Several years ago, a friend of mine told me of a giant Hemlock tree he discovered in a deep gorge, only a few miles from where I live. When I saw it I got pretty excited, and contacted the NH Big Tree group at UNH.
They came out and measured it, and felt it would become the new State Champ. Unfortunately, they still haven't registered it yet, since they are having trouble finding out who's land it is on. It measures 154 inches in diameter, with very little taper. A real monster, and healthy at this time.

Steve Arsenault

Will Blozan

Re: New Member

Post by Will Blozan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:04 am

Welcome Steve!

We really need some representation in NH. Any photos of the hemlock? I assume you mean circumference though... It's really sad how few of that size are left down here in the southern Appalachians due to HWA impact.

Will

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”