Finally logged in

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Yeti

Finally logged in

Post by Yeti » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:42 pm

My name is Landon Smith, I'm from Cincinnati, OH. By trade i'm an Electrician, by hobby i'm a tree climbing and tree hunter. I believe I joined the group some time ago, but faded from the BBS. I follow the Facebook group mostly but realize this is were I should be. I finally Met Bob and Will at the TCI REZ in Waycross, GA. Despite that I still joined :) Hope to talk alot about trees with everyone!

dbhguru

Re: Finally logged in

Post by dbhguru » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Landon,

It was great to meet you and all the other wonderful folks at the rendezvous. What a hoot!

We're glad that you have joined us on the BBS. This is where the NTS action takes place. We look forward to your participation.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Matt Markworth

Post by Matt Markworth » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Landon,

I still have to laugh that it took us driving to GA to meet each other, too funny. By the way, I stopped by Spring Grove today and got one of their tree maps. What a gem that place is. You'll have to show me around some time.

Between you, Tom, Steve, Rand, et al. (there are other climbers, right?) and me, we've got quite an Ohio A-Team developing!

- Matt

Yeti

Post by Yeti » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 am

IT was great meeting you guys too. Bob, Anytime I get around people passionate about trees, it's a great time. I thought I was going to stun you with the sugar maple picture, but it took the sassafras picture to get you to drop your jaw. Matt, I'll gladly take your through Spring Grove. I need to get over there and check out some trees, I have been graned permission to climb tree in search of Tardigrades. They have a Beatiful Bur Oak that I want to get into. Of course for collecting Waer Bears, not for the adventure of climbing a great tree. I hope to get more in the science and conservation of the trees. I have found a website that marks 4 old growth locations in Cincinnati. Some i'm familiar with but others I will have to explorer. Hopefully Matt can join, and we'll work on getting him out of his Ground Hog State and a litle vertical.

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”