Hello from NC

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

muttly

Hello from NC

Post by muttly » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:28 am

My name is Ken and I live within site of Table Rock and Hawksbill Mountains in NC. I grew up in SW Georgia and have lived in Northern NY, N. Florida, and Northern Arizona. I have worked in the past as a contract wildland firefighter and volunteer wilderness ranger for the USFS. I am a veteran of the USAF and have two little girls, ages 11 and 8. I have spent most of my spare time in the woods, literally. It has been in the last few years, however, that I have taken a more acute sense of the forests, their make-up, character, communities and so forth. Teaching my children to appreciate what so many in this country take for granted is one of my highest priorities.
Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this community.

jamesrobertsmith

Re: Hello from NC

Post by jamesrobertsmith » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Yow! I'd love to be that close to Linville Gorge! Takes me two hours to get there.

dbhguru

Re: Hello from NC

Post by dbhguru » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Ken,

Welcome aboard. I too am a USAF veteran. People in NTS represent many backgrounds, but share a common interest - love of forests and trees. We look forward to having you as a member.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”