Long time listener, first time caller - eastNC

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

hellbendy

Long time listener, first time caller - eastNC

Post by hellbendy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Been following ENTS forum happenings for 3 or so years now, always wanted to contribute.. but didn't seem to have much to say.

I'm lived throughout these states, but call eastNC home now. I"m an ecologist and student of the natural world, always inspired by the living treasures of the world. My research focuses largely on wildlife movement ecology and foraging/predatory behavior, but champion trees of size, age, and even shape captivate me. I'm heading out to seek some >1000 yo cypresses and the state's champion tupelo gum tree next weekend at Merchant's Millpond. Any suggestions on other trees in that area worth seeking are welcome! Eventually, I will beef up my tree climbing skills (climbed a handful of times) in the neighboring Croatan NF.

Looking forward to finding ways I can contribute, and learn in the meantime.

edfrank

Re: Long time listener, first time caller - eastNC

Post by edfrank » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:50 pm

Welcome to the NTS BBS as an active participant. I would encourage you to take your camera and post some pictures from your trip to Merchant's Millpond and jump into the discussions with a splash.

Edward Frank
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

pdbrandt

Post by pdbrandt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:30 pm

Welcome to the forum from a fellow NC-o-linian.
Patrick

hellbendy

Post by hellbendy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:02 am

Thanks guys. I'll try to get my hands on a camera to photograph the trees I seek.
Looking forward to contributing and learning from NC. Patrick (@pdbrandt), thanks for the welcome.. I'm hoping to build out my climbing skills. So if you ever want to show the ropes to a climbing partner, let me know.

J

pdbrandt

Post by pdbrandt » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:38 pm

hellbendy wrote:Patrick (@pdbrandt), thanks for the welcome.. I'm hoping to build out my climbing skills. So if you ever want to show the ropes to a climbing partner, let me know.

J
Let me know when your in the Chapel Hill/Durham/Burlington area and I'll show you the ropes:)
Patrick

John Harvey

Post by John Harvey » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Welcome to the site, always nice to see another big tree hunter. Looking forward to your posts.
John D Harvey (JohnnyDJersey)

East Coast and West Coast Big Tree Hunter

"If you look closely at a tree you'll notice it's knots and dead branches, just like our bodies. What we learn is that beauty and imperfection go together wonderfully." - Matt Fox

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”