New Member, Michigan

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

MatthewMichigan

New Member, Michigan

Post by MatthewMichigan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi,
I'm a 32 year old tree enthusiast. My wife and I enjoy camping and hiking and are planting the beginnings of a homestead on our property near Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States. (Van Buren Township/Belleville for those whom may be local)
My wife is native to Poland and we travel there often to hike the forests and mountains, mostly in the Tatra area.

I'd love to meet fellow nature lovers from Poland and, of course Michigan. I hope these message boards will be a resource for new information and travel ideas, as well as a place for me to share my excitement for the trees that I encounter.

Matt

DougBidlack

Re: New Member, Michigan

Post by DougBidlack » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Matt,

I now live in southeastern Massachusetts but I'm originally from Milford, Michigan and my parent's still live there. I make it back that way about 5 or 6 times a year to visit, take care of the trees that I've planted and to measure as many trees as I can. I figure I'll be lucky if I make 5 trips this year though.

Welcome to NTS!

Doug

edfrank

Re: New Member, Michigan

Post by edfrank » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Matt,

We certainly need more members in the Michigan area. I hope to see BIG THINGS from you! Seriously there are some neat sites in Michigan that could use more investigation and documentation.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”