A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

pinecrest

Post by pinecrest » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:42 am

Hello!

I am an artist and part time resident of the central Sierra Nevada. I've spent years searching and photographing the pine forests of the region in order to better understand their history, and to eventually bring that history back to life in paint.

I have put a particular effort to into sugar pine as a species, due in part to the strange contradictory way in which this specie's history was written down. Ever since I read the old books my grandfather had on trees, I have wondered why each one described sugar pine so differently.

For years now I have been photography thousands of sugars and finding more questions than answers. Whereas I once thought that exploring the forest would tell me which of those old books was right, I now find myself questioning everything I've seen published on the subject.

Anyway, I'll save the rest for another post.

AndrewJoslin

Re: new member

Post by AndrewJoslin » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Great hear from a Sugar pine fan, looking forward to your posts.
-AJ

Larry Tucei

Re: new member

Post by Larry Tucei » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Welcome to NTS! I too will await your postings on the Surgar Pines of the Northwest. Love those cones! Larry

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”