Hello everyone!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

hamadryad

Hello everyone!

Post by hamadryad » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:28 am

Hi all, hamadryad here just joined up after having had a look about, this looks like a good place to be!

I am a working/climbing arborist, mycology junkie and all round OCD tree hunter!

Hopefully a photo is here of me with a very special tree i found on saturday, a wild pear a big one too, so rare, this one was in the middle of a valley in the middle of nowhere on an old farm full of ash pollards, awesome.

looking forward to chatting with you alls.

hamadryad
Attachments
croft castle 310.JPG

dbhguru

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by dbhguru » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:44 am

Hamadryad,

Welcome aboard. You are among friends. We look forward to your participation.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:01 am

Anyone with " dryad " as part of their username is a friend of mine!

Nice pear! When I first saw the beautifully twisted trunk and " twiggy " look to the tree, my heart skipped a beat. I thought " Damn what a huge hawthorn. ".

Welcome!
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

hamadryad

Post by hamadryad » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks, I see i am in good company, druids, excellent.

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Hamadryad,

(Hamadryads are Greek mythological beings that live in trees. They are a particular type of dryad, which in turn are a particular type of nymph. Hamadryads are born bonded to a particular tree. Some believe that hamadryads are the actual tree, while normal dryads are simply the entities, or spirits, of the trees. If the tree died, the hamadryad associated with it died as well. For that reason, dryads and the gods punished any mortals who harmed trees. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamadryad )

Welcome to the NTS group. I always click on your Facebook posts when you add new fungi photos to your albums. They are excellent photographic subjects - they come in a variety of colors, varied shapes, and different textures.

Ed Frank
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

hamadryad

Post by hamadryad » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Yes and thank you.

my facebook album seems to be very very popular!

I always set out to increase awareness of the fifth kingdom and to share the absolute joy i feel when i find these things, i work so hard to locate them and find them, would be a waste to keep them all to myself.

hamadryad AKA tony croft

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:10 am

Hamadryad,

I think I am the only " druid " that regularly posts here. They are a couple of others, like Deepwater, but they rarely post. But there are probably many druidlike people on this forum. Heck, we all like trees!

Ed,

Nice information on Hamadryads! You've enlightened me.
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

tomcruisesf

Post by tomcruisesf » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:22 am

Hello Everyone!
I am the new member of this community. I am glad to know about this forum. It gives me lots of knowledge and information which is good for me.

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”