Hello from Vermont

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

adam.rosen

Hello from Vermont

Post by adam.rosen » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm just a big tree enthusiast from Vermont, trying to collect specimens around here and also when I visit massachusetts and western new york. I don't have measuring equipment but I've got some great photos to post of large and tall trees from my travels.

edfrank

Re: Hello from Vermont

Post by edfrank » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:35 pm

Adam,

Welcome to the ENTS BBS. I see from your post on the Facebook Page that you were having trouble posting images here.

This post provides step by step instructions for posting images, with photos:
http://www.ents-bbs.org/viewtopic.php?f=166&t=34

I hope this explains how to add your images to the ENTS BBS.

Ed Frank
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

adam.rosen

Post by adam.rosen » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:48 pm

Thanks, I tried a couple posts and they don't seem visible. I think my 7 megapixel Nikon is the culprit. I'll try resizing and reposting at another time. thanks.

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Adam,

The first few posts by anyone are sent to a moderation queue to help prevent spam on any thread by "Post Here First." I approved them and you should not have any problems posting. Your images posted fine - they were just moderated.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”