Introduction - Jeroen Philippona

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Jeroen Philippona

Introduction - Jeroen Philippona

Post by Jeroen Philippona » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Very nice, this new BBS system, much better than Gmail!
Although I'm not very active for ENTS (being a European with another native language and a very different tree- and forest - surrounding) I am interested a lot and visit the site and mail-system often. Since September 09 I have a Nikon 550 Forestry laser ranger and have done a lot of measuring since then. Two other Dutch tree-measurers now also have bought the same instrument, wich perhaps is not the best but easier to work with than a simple laser ranger + a clinometer.

Tallest tree in the Netherlands is a non native: Douglas fir, with 50,0 metre= 164,04 feet. Tallest native tree measured till now is European beech, Fagus sylvatica: 43,0 m = 141,076 feet.

Next time I'll post a list of maximum heights we measured for Holland last months.

Jeroen Philippona

edfrank

Re: Introduction

Post by edfrank » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Jeroen,

Welcome. It is nice to see you have subscribed to the new BBS sytems. I look forward to your tree measurement posts.

Ed Frank
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

James Parton

Re: Introduction

Post by James Parton » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Jeroen,

I am really glad to see you sign back up. Though you don't post often, when you do your posts are always interesting. I enjoy reading on the finds of trees in Europe. It's a change on what we have here. Your posts and those of Kouta Rasanen are eagerly awaited by many of us. I hope one day to see the ENTS concept spread and eventually become an " Earth Native Tree Society ". But even though that is probably far in the future, if ever, people like you in other parts of the world taking an interest in the ENTS mission is a step towards making a global ENTS a reality.

So Welcome Aboard!

James
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”