New Member in Maryland

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

owen.a.kelley

New Member in Maryland

Post by owen.a.kelley » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:56 am

Hello folks,

My professional background is in atmospheric science, and in my free time, I enjoy hiking, drawing from nature, and researching the history of the forests that I visit. In 2019, I self published a field guide to a forest in my town: A Hundred Wild Things: A Field Guide to the Plants of the Greenbelt North Woods (ISBN: 978-0967063331). You can learn more about my writing on my page here: https://www.greenbeltonline.org/okelley/ .

By reading articles in the Native Tree Society's old journal and other writings associated with the ENTS, I feel that I have a deeper appreciation of any forest I hike through. I appreciate all the work that has gone into collecting this information and maintaining the Native Tree Society's web presence.

Owen

bbeduhn

Re: New Member in Maryland

Post by bbeduhn » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:31 am

Welcome, Owen.

Feel free to participate at any level you'd like.

Brian

amdcpus

Re: New Member in Maryland

Post by amdcpus » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:04 pm

I just wanted to note that your report and the included images/data on Greenbelt Woods was outstanding. I first got into enjoying Maryland's forests after stumbling upon Colby Rucker's site reports of Belt Woods and Corcoran Woods, and similar to how impressed I was with those, yours was outstanding as well.

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”