Greetings! Im a new member!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

BeeEnvironment2020

Greetings! Im a new member!

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:59 pm

Hello everyone, and Happy New Year! :D
I am a new member to the NTS BBS, and I am excited to learn and be a part of this website.
I live in the beautiful state of Pennsylvania, and I mainly like to focus and learn about forest ecology and document Old-Growth forests in the region and in areas along the east-coast.
I find exploring, learning, and documenting forests/trees fascinating, and I am lucky to live in such a state with so much forests :)
I also enjoy registering large/unusual native trees species, and fascinating forests on https://www.monumentaltrees.com/en/users/BeeEnvironment/, where I am registered as BeeEnvironment.
As well as being a High School tree hugger, I also enjoy to educate the public about importance of trees, forests, and wildlife. I am also a Beekeeper with 2 hives, and I make sure to treat my bees nicely (leaving enough honey for winter, not stressing them, etc...) and I don't ever use any chemicals on the hives and bees (unlike many beekeepers I have met). :)

RayA

Re: Greetings! Im a new member!

Post by RayA » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:20 pm

Hello Bee, welcome to NTS. It’s good to have a high school-aged man interested in old growth forests; hopefully you’ll keep that interest over a long lifetime. There are some pretty knowledgeable enthusiasts here from PA, and many other parts of the country and world as well. Feel free to ask questions and post your findings and experiences. Photos are always welcomed too.

Ray

BeeEnvironment2020

Re: Greetings! Im a new member!

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:17 pm

Hello! Thank you very much, Ray. I also hope to keep on learning and exploring old-growth forests, and about trees in general, for a long time.
I am sure I will be posting lots of questions and findings here in the future :D

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”