Daily digests

Information about this BBS and its usage

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

KoutaR

Daily digests

Post by KoutaR » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:54 am

I do not get daily digests since months. I thought the BBS is down again, or even been taken down because of the low activity of the recent times. However, I see there are postings from Nov and Dec, but I haven't got digests. In user settings, I don't find any setting for the digests. Have the digests been disabled?

Greetings
Kouta

ElijahW

Re: Daily digests

Post by ElijahW » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Kouta,

Yes, the BBS was unusable for quite some time. You would have to get the details from Ed Frank about what happened, but my understanding is that the website essentially was overwhelmed by spam. The daily digest function should be functional now; at least it’s working for me. You should also be able to post now.

Elijah

KoutaR

Post by KoutaR » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:33 am

Thanks Elijah! I did not even get notification that you have answered. Now the digest option is there and possible to activate.

KoutaR

Post by KoutaR » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:04 am

I activated the digest option two months ago but haven't got a single digest. Do other members get daily digests? Or how do you follow the forum? Or are European members not welcome anymore?

ElijahW

Post by ElijahW » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:17 pm

Kouta,

I don’t know why the daily digest isn’t working for you. I receive one every day, provided someone has posted something. I don’t know see how being from Europe would make any difference in how the BBS functions. I’ll send you a private message with a couple of contacts who may be able to help.

Elijah

KoutaR

Post by KoutaR » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:36 am

Again, I did not get a notification on your message.

Darrin from Malaysia has the same problem: no digests.

ElijahW

Post by ElijahW » Sun May 10, 2020 6:41 pm

NTS,

I’m curious as to who is still able to receive a daily digest. It works fine for me, but apparently does not for at least a few others. I don’t know how to fix the problem, but am interested in how widespread the problem is.

Elijah

KoutaR

Post by KoutaR » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:14 am

It looks like non-American members are not engouraged to participate.

bbeduhn

Post by bbeduhn » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:07 pm

Kouta,

I haven't been receiving the daily digests either. I just signed up for them a few weeks ago but have yet to receive one.
Non-Americans are very important to the site, especially those with your knowledge. I will begin to use metric on my posts. It's a far, far better system anyway.

Brian

Return to “BBS Administration - How Everything Works”