BeeEnvironment2020

Re: New, real, users cannot join???

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:44 am

dustin_x wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:58 am
BeeEnvironment2020 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:49 am
Dustin,

I just contacted the canadian member, and he said he already registered with a email of kshaw@room100.net. He tried signing up again under that same email, but it says "that email is already in use". Should he sign up using a different email now?

Thanks for the help,
Russ
Thank you,
I tracked down the account and he should have regular access now.
I must have mistakenly included him in a wave of new spam accounts I purged earlier this week. I likely included it due to the uncommon email domain, but that is still my mistake!
Nah, don't worry about it! Thanks for all your help Dustin,

Russ

dustin_x

Post by dustin_x » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:17 am

If anyone else comes across an issue like this, please post here. I apologize for the draconian approval system we have in place. In the last four days I approved eight new accounts and rejected around 50. When I get some free time I will code a new filter and open registrations back up.

pattyjenkins1

Post by pattyjenkins1 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:30 am

Dustin, if you are the person who just got the Forums to start emailing digests again after a very long hiatus, THANK YOU! So glad to be seeing what folks are up to.
Patty

BeeEnvironment2020

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:56 am

Ah, what digests? I would love to see some of those too! I have heard they compile all the posts made by members recently.

pattyjenkins1

Post by pattyjenkins1 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:48 am

Here's how to get digests: Log in to the Boards. Click on your username at the top right side of the landing page, and go to your Profile. On the page that comes up, "Viewing Profile," there's a hyperlink to "edit profile." next to your username at the top center of the page. Go there, and click on the "Digests" tab. That will give you your options.

BeeEnvironment2020

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:46 pm

pattyjenkins1 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:48 am
Here's how to get digests: Log in to the Boards. Click on your username at the top right side of the landing page, and go to your Profile. On the page that comes up, "Viewing Profile," there's a hyperlink to "edit profile." next to your username at the top center of the page. Go there, and click on the "Digests" tab. That will give you your options.
Ah, thank you! I just looked in my spam email boxes, and I just realized I have gotten about 4 digests from the ENTS! They seem to be quite nicely organized!

-Russ

BeeEnvironment2020

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:08 am

Hi everyone,

I just noticed, upon a message from drrehak (a doctor interested in PA old-growth), that messages from new users appear to not be going through the ENTS. Is there some sort of error? The only way I found out about Dr. Rehak's message was through a daily digest I just received a few days ago in my spam email.

-Russ

dustin_x

Post by dustin_x » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:34 am

BeeEnvironment2020 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:08 am
Hi everyone,

I just noticed, upon a message from drrehak (a doctor interested in PA old-growth), that messages from new users appear to not be going through the ENTS. Is there some sort of error? The only way I found out about Dr. Rehak's message was through a daily digest I just received a few days ago in my spam email.

-Russ
This might be by design so new users can't flood everyone with messages, but I'll take a look at it and try to understand why this restriction was put in place before I change anything.

I made some updates to our registration filters last week, and the spam is finally starting to slow down. Hopefully soon we get to a point where we can ease restrictions on newly approved accounts.

BeeEnvironment2020

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:27 pm

Dustin,
Thanks! I have been receiving the daily digests, and I am really finding them helpful! Thanks again,

Russ A.

Return to “BBS Administration - How Everything Works”