Inside One Of The World's Largest Treehouses

Objects and art made from wood and the skill in carving or making objects from wood.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

edfrank

Inside One Of The World's Largest Treehouses

Post by edfrank » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Inside One Of The World's Largest Treehouses: Minister's Treehouse In Crossville, Tennessee (PHOTOS/VIDEO)

Posted: 06/20/2012 6:14 pm Updated: 06/20/2012 11:35 pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... mg00000040

Click on image to see its original size
The towering structure in Crossville, Tennessee, is often referred to as the unofficial largest treehouse in the world. While Guinness World Records officials can't confirm it as an official record, there's no disputing the house's grandeur.

Known as The Minister's Treehouse, Burgess explains the inspiration behind his nearly 10,000-square-foot-structure. "I built it for everybody. It's God's treehouse. He keeps watch over it," Burgess told USA Today in a 2007 interview. "I was praying one day, and the Lord said, 'If you build me a treehouse, I'll see you never run out of material.'"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adXuQi0ewH4

"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Larry Tucei

Re: Inside One Of The World's Largest Treehouses

Post by Larry Tucei » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Ed, Wow that is really way cool. I would love to visit that place. It gives me all kinds of ideas! Thanks for posting it. Larry

TN_Tree_Man

Post by TN_Tree_Man » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:47 am

Larry,

This treehouse and it's designer have been featured a couple of times on the local pbs tv channel. It is open to the public for visiting and also staying the night in.

Steve Springer
"One can always identify a dogwood tree by it's bark."

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:00 pm

I would love to live in a tree house, but something a little smaller. I don't need 10,000 square feet!

Rand

Post by Rand » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Good thing this guy didn't try to build that in the wrong part of the country. Something that delightfully haphazard couldn't possibly be up to code.

michael gatonska

Post by michael gatonska » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:09 pm

I loved the No Smoking sign...
Michael Gatonska
“What is essential, is invisible to the eye” –Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.youtube.com/user/EcoEarSound ... sults_main

Return to “Woodcrafts”