New Preston Connecticut

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Jenny

New Preston Connecticut

Post by Jenny » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:44 am

DSC04380.jpg
Hanging out in some unusual trees in Connecticut's Bent of River Audubon Center near Danbury. A double trunked Hemlock, which, after a cursory exam, seemed undiseased, and a gnarly Ash Tree (I believe). What's up with this tree?

http://bentoftheriver.audubon.org/

Connecticut forests are a little too tame for my liking, but I'm just pretty 'gosh darn' happy to be out of the city and around some trees. This area around Lake Waramaug in New Preston in about 1.5. hours from NYC, making it an ideal little trip. It's no Maine, though, thats for sure.....too many people "antiquing" in overpriced shops....
DSC04368.JPG
Today, biking the seven miles around the lake, canoeing and eating and hopefully seeing some cute birdies
Jenny
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn

dbhguru

Re: New Preston Connecticut

Post by dbhguru » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:59 am

Jenny,

Glad to see that you're back into trees -- figuratively and literally.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

James Parton

Re: New Preston Connecticut

Post by James Parton » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:00 am

Hello, Jenny!

That is quite a nice ash, you look really small compared to it. If you have a tape, wrap it around the trunk 4.5 feet above the base for a girth measurement. It looks impressive.

I checked out the link you provided. It is nice to see GE employees participate in the GE Days 2009 event. I am a GE employee myself, working at the GE Hendersonville lighting systems plant.

It is nice to see you back on list.

James
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

Return to “Connecticut”