We need to do things like this!

General discussions of forests and trees that do not focus on a specific species or specific location.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Don

Re: We need to do things like this!

Post by Don » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:21 am

Ed-
I'd be happy to offer up a WNTS image perhaps suitable for your brochure?
I'm sending it in Medium size and .jpg quality for viewing, but could send it in most any file size/resolution that you like.
-Don
Bristlecone National Forest (Tagged "0")
Bristlecone National Forest (Tagged "0")
Don Bertolette - President/Moderator, WNTS BBS
Restoration Forester (Retired)
Science Center
Grand Canyon National Park

BJCP Apprentice Beer Judge

View my Alaska Big Tree List Webpage at:
http://www.akbigtreelist.org

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Don,

Thanks, I will make use of it. I am not sure how yet. It appears that the 6 photo or so composites are liked and more frequently shared on Facebook. Also images with a good quote overlaid onto the image. I am not sure what we are gaining in membership - a few people have joined as result of interaction on Facebook, but we are reaching more people. And we are reaching people involved in many of the other tree interest groups there.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Matt Markworth

Post by Matt Markworth » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:12 pm

Here are some photos I took last year at Miami University, Ohio. This was done in Microsoft Paint . . .
miami u white oaks.JPG
- Matt

Matt Markworth

Post by Matt Markworth » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:21 pm

More photos from Miami, this time a tribute to the White Ash . . .
white ash.JPG
-Matt

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 am

Matt,

FYI, your Miami Oaks photo has been the 8th most popular posts this year with 807 views on Facebook. I will post your white ash collage now.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Matt Markworth

Post by Matt Markworth » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 am

Ed,

Cool! That's pretty crazy. Taking some time to configure the photos in this way and listening to some tunes is a great way to spend a cold winter evening.

- Matt

Return to “General Discussions”