Tree help needed

General discussions of forests and trees that do not focus on a specific species or specific location.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

sky

Tree help needed

Post by sky » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi!

My cousin purchased property late last fall in Ashfield, MA. There are many specimen trees located throughout the property, some of which havebeen identified, some have not. One tree that has is a metasequoia that was planted in the early 60s. I would like to add it to the metasequoia database but it needs to be properly measured in order to do so. I'm 99% sure there is no old growth on the property but there's some funky stuff that a certain college in the area found to be of interest and significance. There's also gobs of rare rhodies, azaleas and laurels.

Sky
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, though a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

edfrank

Re: Tree help needed

Post by edfrank » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Skygirl,

If I lived up that way I would love to come and check out the trees.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:18 am

edfrank wrote:Skygirl,

If I lived up that way I would love to come and check out the trees.

Ed
Ashfield is on the way to MTSF for Bob L., so I wouldn't be surprised that he'll check it out when he gets a chance.
Joe

sky

Post by sky » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:38 am

Ed, you'd have fun on the property! Not only are there interesting trees, there is also a glacial dump (I think) and pre-colonial stone structures.

Joe, Bob's my Dad so I'm sure he'll swing by. I'm just impatient :)
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, though a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Return to “General Discussions”