Help Needed! Anyone willing to sell/let go of any used, cheap Increment Borer???

General discussion forums related to trees and forests.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

BeeEnvironment2020

Help Needed! Anyone willing to sell/let go of any used, cheap Increment Borer???

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:21 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have been long interested in using an Increment borer to determine ages of many deciduous, possible old-growth trees here in Southeastern Pennsylvania, and I was wondering if anyone here is willing to part with or willing to sell a used, relatively cheap (but sturdy enough to get the job done) increment borer?
I am asking this because, unfortunately, I am unable to afford nearly all of the available increment borers due to their high price. I've looked around everywhere, and I can't seem to find any increment borer under $290 U.S Dollars and 16-18 inches long so I can core trees a few feet in diameter. I tried to look for student discounts as well, with me being in High-school, and I could not find anything as well.
So, does anyone know whether they could part-with/sell a used, cheap increment borer? I am not looking for top-quality, but something that can get the job done, even though it might need some more elbow-grease than normal to use it.
Thank you very much,
BeeEnvironment :)

Return to “Trees and Forests - General Discussion Forums”