Bedford Tuliptree video

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Ranger Dan

Bedford Tuliptree video

Post by Ranger Dan » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Here is my video of the giant Bedford Tuliptree on Youtube. My buddy Sam takes you all around it, and inside it, where she hugs the huge interior root.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzie0eOLTZc

Ranger Dan

edfrank

Re: Bedford Tuliptree video

Post by edfrank » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Dan,

Very nice. I like to see big multitrunk trees as they are physically impressive. Others, maybe don't like them so much. I think they should be considered as a separate category from single trunk trees, but they need some love too. I will not be among the participants at Poplar Forest, although I would like to be able to make the trip. Maybe you could join Will and Bob there while they are measuring?

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Dan,

Those are not really interior roots I don't think. They seem to be remnant sections of the trunks of one or more of the trunks of the cluster that have not yet decayed away.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:40 pm

While I consider a single trunk tree more significant than a multiple trunked one, a MT tree is still a tree and should be given the attention it deserves. We should not pass over big MT trees just because they are not single trunked. This also applies to fused trunked trees.
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

Return to “Virginia”